A picture is worth a thousand words. And when it comes to your dating profile, that means there are a thousand ways you can look like a catch or something to throw back in the sea of single people. In this "Asking for a Friend," Newsy's Cody LaGrow sought the answer to the golden question: What should my dating profile pictures look like?
Helping find those answers is Bela Gandhi. She's the founder and president of Smart Dating Academy in Chicago. Gandhi is responsible for two serious relationships or engagements a month and offered her professional tips that she said will give your profile a boost in likability.
1. Pick five or six of your best photos. They should be sequenced as headshot, two body shots, another headshot and two body shots.
2. If you can afford a professional photographer, get one. If not, a candid lifestyle photo works as well. Ensure you're doing things you actually like to do in the photo.
3. Dress to impress, and don't look frumpy. Solids and monochromatic patterns work best.
4. Regardless of gender identity, you should always smile and look at the camera. It tells other people you are confident and approachable.
5. Do not retouch your photos.
6. Stay consistent. If you wear glasses in real life, wear them in your photos.
7. Males (and females): There is no such thing as tasteful nipple.
8. No group photos.
9. No selfies.
10. No sunglasses.
Music provided courtesy of APM Music.