Monday, rap mogul Suge Knight was formally charged with murder and attempted murder for his alleged involvement in a fatal hit-and-run incident last week.
Knight's bail, which had been set at $2 million, was reportedly revoked hours before the charges were handed down.
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times Knight's bail was removed for a number of reasons: "Possible flight risk, three-strike candidate, possible witness intimidation issues and his criminal past."
Officials say the 49-year-old co-founder of Death Row Records ran over two men near a film set in Compton, California, last Thursday following a dispute. (Video via KCBS)
Knight is charged with killing one man, 55-year-old Terry Carter and attempting to kill the other, 51-year-old actor Cle "Bone" Sloan. Police say they are currently reviewing surveillance footage of the crime scene. (Video via KNBC)
Knight's attorney claims his client ran the two men over by accident. He says Knight feared for his life after being attacked and tried to escape in his pickup truck.
This latest incident comes about six months after Knight was shot six times at a night club ahead of the MTV Video Music Awards. Knight's arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
This video includes images from Getty Images.