The latest migrant tragedy has hit the Mediterranean.
"At least 650 migrants are feared to have drowned after a boat capsized in the Mediterranean," the BBC anchor said.
That's a headline that's becoming increasingly familiar as more migrants try to make the journey across the Mediterranean from Northern Africa.
The Italian coast guard reports it's saved close to 30 people and recovered as many bodies.
Four hundred migrants are presumed dead after another capsize last week, and when you add to that a capsize in February that killed some 300 more, that brings the total for 2015 to at least 700, excluding Sunday's victims. (Video via United Nations, RAI)
The IOM is calling for broader support from the European Union to prevent further deaths.
That's one position in an ongoing debate in Europe, over what to do about the thousands of migrants crossing the Mediterranean. (Video via United Nations)
On the IOM's side: the pope, who last year called for solidarity with the migrants. (Video via France 24)
"We can not allow the Mediterranean to become a vast graveyard," Pope Francis told the European Parliament.
On the other side, opponents argue rescue efforts only encourage increased migration. (Video via Deutsche Welle)
Italy's Mare Nostrum rescue operation saved more than 150,000 immigrants before being cut last fall. (Video via Italian Coast Guard)
Most of the migrant ships come from Libya, and observers say the regional instability there is a driving factor behind the migrants, whose numbers are only expected to increase as summer approaches. (Video via CCTV)
This video includes an image from Getty Images and music by Chris Zabriskie / CC by 4.0.