There's some more possibly bad news for the prosecution in the criminal sexual assault case against Harvey Weinstein.
The Manhattan District Attorney's Office revealed Wednesday that the case's former lead detective told one of Weinstein's accusers she should delete any material from her phone that she wanted kept private before turning the phone over to investigators.
According to the DA's office, the unnamed woman, who alleges the former Hollywood producer raped her back in 2013, ultimately surrendered her phone without deleting anything after consulting with her lawyer.
Although the accuser reportedly told prosecutors that NYPD Detective Nicholas DiGaudio did not "influence her testimony or any evidence she produced," Weinstein's attorney said this latest revelation "further undermines the integrity" of the indictment against his client.
This latest news comes after a judge dismissed one of six criminal charges against Weinstein earlier this month because DiGaudio withheld evidence that a different accuser's alleged encounter with the defendant might have been consensual. DiGaudio's since been removed from the investigation.
Weinstein still faces five other charges, including two counts of rape and two counts of predatory sexual assault.
Additional reporting from Newsy affiliate CNN.