Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday the Trump administration will revoke the visas of some Saudi officials connected to the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The visa cancellations are the first disciplinary actions the administration has taken against Saudi Arabia since Khashoggi vanished earlier this month. Pompeo said the administration is also considering other actions, like implementing sanctions against individuals linked to the killing.
Pompeo didn't specify which officials would have their visas revoked, as that information is confidential.
He also said that although the U.S. condemns Khashoggi's death at the hands of Saudi Arabia, it still maintains a "strong partnership with the kingdom."
His statements came shortly after President Donald Trump condemned Saudi Arabia's "cover-up" of Khashoggi's killing in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, calling it "one of the worst in the history of cover-ups."
Additional reporting from Newsy affiliate CNN.