Saudi Arabia sent a team of experts to Istanbul to clean up evidence after Jamal Khashoggi was killed — this according to new reports out Monday.
An unnamed Turkish official told several media outlets the eleven-member team was supposed to assist Turkish authorities in investigating the journalist's death.
But instead, the official said two members of that team went to the Saudi consulate to cover up evidence before Turkish police could search the scene.
The official's comments confirmed a report in Turkey's Sabah newspaper.
Khashoggi was last seen alive entering the Saudi consulate on Oct 2. Istanbul prosecutor's office said last week he was strangled and dismembered, confirming what multiple media outlets had been reporting.