Nearly two years after the artist known as Prince died, authorities say there won't be any criminal charges filed in his death.
Carver County attorney Mark Metz told reporters Thursday that Prince died from an accidental fentanyl overdose.
Metz said the musician unknowingly took counterfeit Vicodin pills that contained the powerful synthetic opioid.
But authorities aren't sure how Prince obtained the pills. And because of that, no one will be criminally charged in the case.
Prince was found unresponsive in the elevator of his Minnesota home in 2016. He was 57 years old.