Michael Bloomberg Says He Won't Run For President
On Monday, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg shut down rumors that he's considering a White House bid.
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will not enter the 2016 presidential race.
Bloomberg flirted with the possibility of entering the race for months. On Monday, the business mogul addressed campaign rumors, saying running as an independent would likely launch Donald Trump or Ted Cruz into the White House.
He wrote, "I love our country too much to play a role in electing a candidate who would weaken our unity and darken our future — and so I will not enter the race for president of the United States."
The billionaire has considered running as an independent before. He was rumored to enter the race back in 2008. But as one Bloomberg article points out, "No independent or third-party presidential candidate has won the presidency."
And who will Bloomberg vote for instead? He says he's not ready to endorse anyone just yet.
This video includes clips from Mike Bloomberg and images from Getty Images.
Trump Prepares To Launch 3rd Campaign For The White House
Trump had hoped to use the GOP's expected gains in last week's elections as a springboard to vault himself to his party's nomination.By Andrew Harnik / AP
WPTV: Speculation Builds Concerning Trump Running For President Again
"The one thing everybody seems to agree upon is that Donald Trump is running in 2024," WPTV political analyst Brian Crowley says.By Charlie Neibergall / AP
How Midterm Elections Could Influence The 2024 Presidential Election
Many politicians have been in a constant campaign state for the 2024 presidential election, and midterms could give a clearer candidate picture.By AP
Why Is College Enrollment Dropping?
College enrollment is on the decline as students weigh a number of factors forcing them to reconsider higher education.By Ted Shaffrey / AP
Wordle Beats Out The Queen In Google’s Year In Search 2022
Google’s annual list reveals the top search trends of the year in a range of categories — a serial killer and American treasure also made the top 10.By Michael Dwyer / AP
Microsoft Strikes 10-Year Deal With Nintendo On Call Of Duty
Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, tweeted that Microsoft “entered into a 10-year commitment" worth $69 billion to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo.By Martin Meissner / AP