Hawaii could become the first state to challenge the Trump administration's revised travel ban in court.
Attorneys for the state said in a court filing they will ask a federal judge for a temporary restraining order against the new executive order.
Hawaii had previously filed a lawsuit against the original travel ban. But that was put on hold while a nationwide restraining order on the first ban was still in place.
President Donald Trump signed the new executive order earlier this week. It will temporarily suspend the U.S. refugee program and bar citizens from six Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S.
Unlike the previous ban, Iraq is not included. And green-card holders and people who already have visas will be allowed entry, too.
But Hawaii Attorney General Doug Chin said in a statement those changes just aren't enough, calling the revised order "nothing more than Muslim Ban 2.0."
The state of Hawaii has requested that oral arguments in this new case take place March 15, the day before the ban is supposed to go into effect.