As the temperatures get hotter and hotter, people are looking for ways to beat the heat.
But one Arizona mom is warning others against using water from a garden hose.
Dominique Woodger was filling a kiddie pool with water Monday, while her 9-month-old son was sitting in it. She told Newsy's partners at KNXV she didn't realize there was hot water already in the hose.
"I thought he was crying because he was mad because he hates when he gets sprayed in the face. I didn't think that it was burning him. It's not something you think about," Woodger said.
The scalding temperatures of the water gave Woodger's son second-degree burns over about a third of his body.
Record temperatures in Arizona the past few days can heat things to extreme temperatures.
On Monday, it was 110 degrees in Phoenix, which is only about an hour away from San Tan Valley where Woodger and her son live.
KNXV reports on a 115-degree day, the sun could heat the water sitting inside a garden hose to as high as 150 degrees.
And at 140 degrees, water can cause third-degree burns, according to the Burn Foundation. Children under the age of 5 are at a higher risk for scald burns because they have thinner skin than adults.
Doctors told Woodger her son will be fine. Second-degree burns typically take about three weeks to heal.
This video includes an image from Getty Images.