Yep, we're growing and we have a huge opportunity for the right person - please take a look at our vice president of editorial job description. If the shoe fits, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - if you know someone who would thrive in the role then please forward it on to them. We are thrilled to be hiring this essential role and are looking for the best person on the planet to join our team.
Vice President of Editorial at Newsy.com
Newsy.com is a multiperspective video news service provided by Media Convergence Group, Inc. A leader in online and mobile video news, Newsy.com is based in Columbia, MO and partnered with the Missouri School of Journalism. We are a privately funded start up and provide medical benefits, stock options, an extraordinary work environment and a state-of-the-art digital newsroom. The vice president of editorial is responsible for developing and executing the editorial voice, editorial brand and editorial vision for Newsy.com and reports to Newsy's president.
* Leading the editorial team and responsible for the content, editorial products and direction of the website.
* Innovating ahead of the competition - defining and winning our strategic category.
* Analyzing metrics and audience research and proactively anticipating the needs of our viewers and customers.
* Representing the website to external organizations interested in the website, public forums and panels and to outside media.
* Training, supervising, mentoring and evaluating members of the editorial team. Teaching an advanced level editorial course to undergraduate and graduate students at the Missouri School of Journalism.
* Generating story ideas, writing, editing and publishing of content.
* Excellent writing and editing skills, and demonstrated ability to conceive and execute creative and innovative editorial projects.
* 10-15 years of senior editorial leadership experience with demonstrated success in building and delivering editorial voice and vision.
* Deep understanding of the video news market for online and mobile devices.
* Proven people management experience.
* Driven work ethic and self-starting attitude - strong mentoring skills.
* Exceptional ability to innovate and desire to learn new software and technologies, listen to audiences and quickly drive and adapt to change.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, a true team player.
* Passionate, ethical, honest, flexible and humble - a real news junkie who will build an innovative and remarkably useful news service. Please send resumes to: email@example.com