Over-the-top video news service Newsy today launched Newsy Radio, a new app for Apple’s iOS platform that provides an on-the-go source for the day’s top world and national news specifically designed for the growing audio-on-demand marketplace. Available for download now in the App Store, Newsy Radio helps consumers stay on top of the day’s stories in a convenient, hands-free audio format — perfect for time spent in a daily commute or while doing household chores, cooking or walking the dog.
Newsy is the fast-growing millennial-focused journalism company that brings perspective and analysis to reporting on world and national news, including politics, entertainment, science and technology. Newsy is a wholly owned subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP).
Now through Newsy Radio, fans of the network will get up-to-the-minute reporting via a simple mobile user interface, helping news consumers stay informed, wherever their day takes them. With the new app, users can:
- Get caught up on the news quickly with a concise, to-the-point presentation
- Avoid missing important information with a convenient 15-second rewind button
- Easily fast-forward to each story with large, finger-friendly controls
- Set the app to night mode for easier viewing during evenings and limited light situations
- Choose between normal and higher-quality audio
Newsy Radio further expands Newsy’s distribution, which in recent months has grown to include most of the major players in the over-the-top ecosystem, including Apple TV, Xumo, Comcast Watchable, Pluto TV, Roku, Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV.