Authorities say a would-be burglar near Fresno, California, died after he was stuck in a chimney.
The Fresno County sheriff said the homeowner lit a fire and heard screaming.
The man called deputies and tried to put out the fire.
"Firefighters broke that chimney apart to rescue him, but he died before the could reach him," KGPE reports.
Officials say Cody Caldwell, 19, got stuck overnight and the homeowner didn't know he was there.
The Fresno County coroner says Caldwell died of smoke inhalation and thermal burns.