(Image source: Chicago Sun-Times)

 

BY STEVEN SPARKMAN

 

Chicago police say a late-night raid Wednesday resulted in an arrest for domestic terrorism. Here’s Fox News.

 

“Three men appearing in a Chicago courtroom facing charges of conspiracy to commit terrorism ahead of the NATO summit. Investigators say the suspects were trying to make molotov cocktails.”

 

A police press release says the three were found in a home containing swords, a hunting bow, throwing stars, knives with brass knuckle handles and even a mortar gun. They accuse the men of planning to carry out several firebombings. CNN lists the alleged targets.

 

“Including possible attacks on the campaign headquarters of Barack Obama, Mayor Rahm Emanuel's residence and at least four police stations.”

 

But protesters affiliated with the Occupy movement are speaking out on behalf of the three men, and calling the charges bogus. Supporters chanted outside the police station Friday night on behalf of the so-called “NATO 3,” and the hashtag #NATO3 lit up Twitter.

 

And the Occupy Wall St website says the molotov cocktails were closer to being actual cocktails.

 

“Lawyers, friends, and family of the accused maintain the ‘bomb making’ equipment seized by police was actually a homebrew beer-making kit belonging to one of the residents and that the terrorism charges are sensational allegations to terrorize NATO protesters.”

 

The trio’s lawyer called the arrest “entrapment,” saying it was the police informants, not the accused, who came up with plans to carry out attacks.

 

Other occupy supporters say the arrest is retaliation for a video posted online which seems to show Chicago police harassing the same three men for their plans to join Occupy Chicago. (Video source: YouTube)

 

But a police spokesperson said the investigation had been going on for weeks, and the evidence would soon speak for itself. The Chicago Sun-Times quotes two law enforcement officials saying...

 

“They are domestic terrorists. … These men were here to hurt people.”

 

And

 

“They weren’t going to go trick or treating. … This represents a victory — not a failure — in preventing something from happening.”

 

Each of the three men is being held on $1.5 million bail.

Three NATO Protesters Arrested on Terrorism Charges

by Steven Sparkman
0
Transcript
May 19, 2012

Three NATO Protesters Arrested on Terrorism Charges

(Image source: Chicago Sun-Times)

 

BY STEVEN SPARKMAN

 

Chicago police say a late-night raid Wednesday resulted in an arrest for domestic terrorism. Here’s Fox News.

 

“Three men appearing in a Chicago courtroom facing charges of conspiracy to commit terrorism ahead of the NATO summit. Investigators say the suspects were trying to make molotov cocktails.”

 

A police press release says the three were found in a home containing swords, a hunting bow, throwing stars, knives with brass knuckle handles and even a mortar gun. They accuse the men of planning to carry out several firebombings. CNN lists the alleged targets.

 

“Including possible attacks on the campaign headquarters of Barack Obama, Mayor Rahm Emanuel's residence and at least four police stations.”

 

But protesters affiliated with the Occupy movement are speaking out on behalf of the three men, and calling the charges bogus. Supporters chanted outside the police station Friday night on behalf of the so-called “NATO 3,” and the hashtag #NATO3 lit up Twitter.

 

And the Occupy Wall St website says the molotov cocktails were closer to being actual cocktails.

 

“Lawyers, friends, and family of the accused maintain the ‘bomb making’ equipment seized by police was actually a homebrew beer-making kit belonging to one of the residents and that the terrorism charges are sensational allegations to terrorize NATO protesters.”

 

The trio’s lawyer called the arrest “entrapment,” saying it was the police informants, not the accused, who came up with plans to carry out attacks.

 

Other occupy supporters say the arrest is retaliation for a video posted online which seems to show Chicago police harassing the same three men for their plans to join Occupy Chicago. (Video source: YouTube)

 

But a police spokesperson said the investigation had been going on for weeks, and the evidence would soon speak for itself. The Chicago Sun-Times quotes two law enforcement officials saying...

 

“They are domestic terrorists. … These men were here to hurt people.”

 

And

 

“They weren’t going to go trick or treating. … This represents a victory — not a failure — in preventing something from happening.”

 

Each of the three men is being held on $1.5 million bail.

View More
Comments
Newsy
www3