(Image source: Facebook/ CapitalBay)


BY JASMINE BAILEY


The lawyer who filed a $100 million lawsuit against the state of Connecticut, blaming them for the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, and saying they could have done more to prevent it— has now withdrawn that claim.
 

News 12 CT:
“Last week Irving Pinsky applied to sue the state saying his six-year-old client who survived the shooting suffered emotional and psychological trauma and injury during that shooting rampage.”
 

The exact reason behind Pinsky's decision to withdraw wasn’t specified. However as WGHP points out, he has received a lot of backlash for filing the suit.


“He’s received hundreds of threats at home, at work and online… ‘I got death threats but I play basketball, you get death threats on the basketball court too.’”
 

In Connecticut, any claim against the state must first be approved by the state commissioner before it can move forward.

 

But according to a statement from the state attorney general, if Pinsky hadn't decided to withdraw the claim he probably would not have gotten the go-ahead anyway.


"…We are aware of no facts or legal theory under which the State of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School…Nor does the claim letter filed in this case identify a valid basis to support a claim against the state and, by extension, its taxpayers."


Pinsky says he reserves the right to refile the claim and is currently collecting more evidence in that effort— under Connecticut law he has one year to do so.



 

 

Newtown Lawyer Withdraws $100M Claim Against Conn.

by Jasmine Bailey
0
Transcript
Jan 2, 2013

Newtown Lawyer Withdraws $100M Claim Against Conn.

 


(Image source: Facebook/ CapitalBay)


BY JASMINE BAILEY


The lawyer who filed a $100 million lawsuit against the state of Connecticut, blaming them for the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, and saying they could have done more to prevent it— has now withdrawn that claim.
 

News 12 CT:
“Last week Irving Pinsky applied to sue the state saying his six-year-old client who survived the shooting suffered emotional and psychological trauma and injury during that shooting rampage.”
 

The exact reason behind Pinsky's decision to withdraw wasn’t specified. However as WGHP points out, he has received a lot of backlash for filing the suit.


“He’s received hundreds of threats at home, at work and online… ‘I got death threats but I play basketball, you get death threats on the basketball court too.’”
 

In Connecticut, any claim against the state must first be approved by the state commissioner before it can move forward.

 

But according to a statement from the state attorney general, if Pinsky hadn't decided to withdraw the claim he probably would not have gotten the go-ahead anyway.


"…We are aware of no facts or legal theory under which the State of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School…Nor does the claim letter filed in this case identify a valid basis to support a claim against the state and, by extension, its taxpayers."


Pinsky says he reserves the right to refile the claim and is currently collecting more evidence in that effort— under Connecticut law he has one year to do so.



 

 

View More
Comments
Newsy
www1