Be the most informed person in the room with Newsy's free e-newsletter

View our privacy policy: http://www.newsy.com/privacy/

Missouri Girl Pens Touching Letter To Friend She Lost In A Fire

12-year-old Jesse Sims was killed in a house fire, which authorities say was caused by a lit stove.
SMS

After 12-year-old Jesse Sims was killed in a house fire, his best friend wrote him a letter to let him know how much he was missed.

"It's something to remember him by. I put a lot of things on there, like Jesse is the bestest friend," Isabella Marin told KYTV.

Authorities in Gainesville, Missouri, say Jesse, his father Robert Sims and Sims' wife Kathy Baker died of smoke inhalation after a fire engulfed their mobile home. The fire is believed to have started after the kitchen stove was accidentally left on.

The unexpected deaths have shaken the community; next-door neighbor Angela Marin says her daughter Isabella is still trying to process the loss of her best friend.

"I told her that God takes the good ones young and that God needed another angel," Marin told KOLR.

This video includes clips from KSPR.

Featured Stories
Thousands gather for the women's march in D.C.

A Look At Some Of The Women's Marches Around The Globe

Photos of women who are going to the Women's March on Washington

Here's What You Need To Know About The Women's March On Washington

A woman holds up signs at Donald Trump's inauguration.

Donald Trump Is Making America Protest Again

Want to see more stories like this?
Like Newsy on Facebook for More U.S. Coverage