Be the most informed person in the room with Newsy's free e-newsletter

View our privacy policy: http://www.newsy.com/privacy/
Trump's Conflicts of Interest
Featured Series: Trump's Conflicts of Interest
Donald Trump's international web of businesses creates unprecedented potential for conflicts of interest and corruption. And some picks for his administration might have to face their own...

Jury Awards Erin Andrews $55 Million In Lawsuit

The former ESPN reporter filed a lawsuit against a stalker and a Nashville hotel after she was secretly recorded naked.
SMS

A jury sided with sports reporter Erin Andrews on Monday and awarded her $55 million in her lawsuit stemming from a secretly recorded nude video. 

A stalker, Michael David Barrett, recorded Andrews naked in her hotel room in 2008 and later posted that video online. Andrews filed a lawsuit against the Nashville Marriott hotel owner and operator and Barrett, asking for $75 million in damages.

Barrett reportedly called the hotel and asked for a room next to Andrews, and the hotel complied. 

Newsy's partners at WTVF say the hotel owner and operator will pay 49 percent of the $55 million, and Barrett will pay the remaining 51 percent. Andrews and her legal team said they are happy with the verdict

This video includes images from Getty Images and clips from WTVF

Featured Stories
Mike Pompeo and Rex Tillerson

Pompeo Confirmed For CIA Head, Rex Tillerson Approved By Senate Panel

Donald Trump signs a memorandum.

With The Stroke Of A Pen, Trump Pulls The US From The TPP

People on the National Mall.

Supporters, Detractors Describe Hopes For Trump's Presidency In 1 Word

Want to see more stories like this?
Like Newsy on Facebook for More Personalities Coverage