Australian authorities arrested two people Thursday — including a 15-year-old boy — for allegedly planning a terrorist attack.
The Australian Federal Police said the arrests of the 15- and 20-year-old males were connected to evidence found in a 2014 search. Since then, the AFP said, it's been conducting "disruption activity" and surveillance to keep the community safe.
Just two months ago, another 15-year-old in Australia was killed carrying out an alleged terrorist attack. Farhad Jabar Khalil Mohammad fatally shot an accountant at police headquarters in New South Wales.