The content displayed on the MCG websites, including the selection, arrangement, and design ("Content") is the property of MCG or its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use and may not be edited or modified for any purpose. By accessing the MCG websites, you agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, display, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the Content to anyone, except that you may occasionally reproduce, distribute, display or transmit an insubstantial portion of Content, for a noncommercial purpose, to a limited number of individuals, provided you use the phrase "Used with permission from the MCG websites, a service of Media Convergence Group, Inc." All rights not expressly granted herein are hereby reserved.
MCG does not claim ownership of the Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the MCG websites. The Content is the property of the author of such Content. You agree to grant MCG a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell such Content in any format now know or hereafter created, and to use your name and other identifying information you provide in connection with that Content. You also permit any visitor or member of the MCG websites to use such Content for personal use as described above.
If you believe in good faith that any Content infringes your copyright, you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed though we cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your correspondence. Notices should be sent here:
Media Convergence Group, Inc.
904 Elm St., Suite 208
Columbia, MO 65201
You agree that your access to, and use of, the Service and the Content available on the MCG websites is on an "as-is", "as available" basis. The MCG websites include facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest, and MCG does not endorse these views, opinions and recommendations. MCG specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the MCG websites and the Content, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. MCG will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or part by its negligence or contingencies beyond its control in procuring, compiling, interpreting, reporting or delivering the MCG websites and the Content. In no event will MCG be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on the Content. MCG shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages (including, without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages), other than direct damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for damages or the exclusion of certain types of warranties, parts or all of the above limitation may not apply to you.
The MCG websites may contain hyperlinks to web sites operated by persons other than MCG. You agree not to hold MCG responsible for the content or operation of such web sites. A hyperlink from the MCG websites to another web site does not imply or mean that MCG endorses the content on that web site or the operator or operations of that site. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content at any other web sites to which you might link from the MCG websites.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself upon registration and thereafter. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify the MCG websites of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. MCG cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 6. You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content, including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
You agree not to use the MCG websites or the Service to:
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available ("Post") any Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, false or inaccurate, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
2. harm minors in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
5. Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
6. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
7. violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, intentionally or unintentionally;
8. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
9. collect or store personal data about other users.
You agree to be fully responsible for your own Content. The MCG websites act as a venue for you to Post your Content. While MCG has the right to refuse to post or remove, edit or abridge any Content for any reason, it is otherwise not involved in the writing or decisions as to the Content of its users. As a result, MCG has no control over the quality, accuracy or legality of the Content on the MCG websites. All Content posted on the MCG websites is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. Because the MCG websites are venues, in the event that you have a dispute with a user of the MCG websites and their Service, you release MCG and its officers, members and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
The Newsy.com logo and the other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the MCG websites (the "MCG Marks") are the trademarks of MCG. You agree not to display or use the MCG Marks in any manner without MCG's prior written consent.