MMA’s Conor McGregor is NOT Retiring, He’s Coming For Revenge

April 21, 2016

In a lengthy statement on Facebook, McGregor said a dispute over his promotional schedule led to his retirement tweet earlier in the week.

"There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me. So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them. And all with one tweet. Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good. ... I am still ready to go for UFC 200. ... For the record also - For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED."

McGregor tweeted Thursday:

That came a few days after this shocking bit of news:

We didn't know much about McGregor’s supposed retirement until now. Reports suggested he and the UFC couldn’t agree on money for his upcoming fight.

Some reports also suggested the death of MMA fighter Joao Carvalho, 28, a few weeks ago might have rattled McGregor.

McGregor was ringside for Carvalho’s fight. Carvalho suffered head injuries after the bout and died at a nearby hospital.

UFC 200 on July 9 is McGregor’s rematch against Nate Diaz.

Diaz defeated McGregor at UFC 196.